I have two thoughts about putting little kids in dance classes:
1. They are so little, they really can't do much. Their performances are usually the little girls up on the stage waving at their moms or picking their noses. So what's the point?
2. Although Number One is true, it is SO FREAKING CUTE!
Our cute little Evie had her first dance performance a couple weeks ago. She loved getting into her beautiful costume and getting to wear real makeup.This is her with her fellow three year olds sitting on the stage before the performance started.
See how her mascara is smudged in this photo? We had a little drama because someone had accidentally taken the balloon with her name on it. Many, many tears were shed. just in time for the class picture.
I absolutely loved Eve's dance class and teacher, Miss Melanie. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever known and she makes me so happy to live in Spanish Fork. Miss Melanie's program focuses on creative dance, which is awesome with this age level because it allows the kids freedom to move and dance in their own way, but still learn about dance technique at the same time. I am so proud of my Eve because she was so shy and nervous when she first started her class, but she grew so much during the four months she was there. I think it will make the transition to preschool easier in the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment