I can't think of what to write about this week, so I'm just going to make a list of things that I like or that I am excited about right now. If Oprah can do it, so can I! (sorry, no promises of gifts to all you readers of my good things like she does).
1. Texas sheet cake. Kris, I tried your recipe and it was DELICIOUS!!
2. Buttermilk. Necessary for the sheet cake. Also used it in buttermilk pancakes and they were great.
3. Aflac. We talked to an Aflac agent this week and they will totally pay us to have a baby. This is great because we have a huge deductible for maternity coverage on our insurance. You should totally look into it.
4. The zoo in winter. We went yesterday and there was no one there. Granted, a lot of animals like the bears were sleeping, but it was still fun. There's a new baby giraffe at Hogle Zoo and he's super cute.
5. www.shabbyprincess.com . If anyone knows of any other free digital scrapbooking sites, let me know!
6. Healthy kids!! Life is much happier when everyone feels good.
7. Homemade tortillas. Our ward had a little RS cooking group and I learned to make homemade tortillas. They are way tastier than the regulars and so easy!!
Interesting to note that many of my good things involve food. Maybe next week I can post something healthier....
PS-- I'm having a Stampin Up party at my house on Tuesday. If anyone wants to come, you're welcome to, but no pressure. Email me and I'll give you directions. We'll be eating Texas Sheet Cake!
6 comments:
It's so funny that you did this post Laurs, I am also working on a favorite things post :). I am so glad you love the sheetcake. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And then with my extra buttermilk I make cafe rio salad dressing. Hurrah for buttermilk. Thanks for a fun post, please tell me how to make tortillas.
P.S. I remember hearing about the Aflac thing but be careful because you have to be on it for a year before they pay benefits... so make sure you wait three months before trying to get pregnant :) The funny thing is that it wound up taking us a year to get pregnant so I totally could have signed up. Whatever :)
I want to come to a stamp party! Darn it all I have a test though, and oh yeah the two hour drive too! Happy stampin!
This post makes me miss you! You are such a fun Gal!
Anyway, there are tons on free websites for scrapping. Here is a link to my friends website (http://ggdigitaldesigns.com/home.htm) and these are all of her favorite sites. You can probably google them or if you cant find them let me know and I will give you the link.
Sweet Shoppe Designs
The Scrapkitchen
Simply Clean Digiscraps
Heather Ann Designs
Peppermint Creative
The Shabby Princess
Oh, I forgot the most important.
My other friend has a website where she puts all the link to the free stuff so you dont have to go and look at the website....which makes it easier.
http://raspberrypatch.blogspot.com/
Ok so I would like more details on being payed to have babies. Does it pay well? Maybe I could do it for a living. Really I wanna know more info. Oh and who is buyin' my lunch, you or Annie?
Post a Comment