A few of you requested this recipe after I blogged about it. I made them with the girls the other night and they both really enjoyed rolling them out. I recommend it to anyone!
3 cups flour (if you want to use wheat flour do 1 1/2 cups wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups white flour. That is for you granolas, myself, I just use white.)
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup oil or crisco
1 cup warm tap water
1. In a large bowl, blend the flour, salt and oil using a fork or pastry cutter. Add warm water to flour and mix until the dough forms. Shape into a ball and knead for 3 minutes. Only add flour in small increments if the dough is sticking to the counter as you knead. Return the dough to the bowl and cover. Let it rest 15-20 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 12 gold ball sized peices. Dip them in flour and roll them into a ball in your hands. Then roll them out with a rolling pin, into an 8 or 9 inch circle. Roll at least half the balls before cooking to save time.
3. Heat a clean nonstick skillet over medium heat. Do NOT add any fat to the skillet. These cook dry and fast, just a few minutes on each side. Watch them closely.
4. Wrap the cooked tortillas in foil or ina gallon ziploc bag and keep warm until ready to use. Can refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
No comments:
Post a Comment