1. We miss our best friends Lili and Sofie! I took some super cute pictures of the girls all together the day I watched them, but unfortunately last night as I was trying to show my mom some pictures on my camera, it deleted all 300 of them! So, the pictures of Lili and Sofie and Anna and Kate are vamooshed, but here's some old ones to remember...
I can't help but think that it must be hard on Anna that all of her friends have moved away. We are making some friends down here, but there is a serious lack of 3 year old girl problem in our ward. There's plenty of boys, but no girls. Anyway, I hope that once she does find a new friend, we can make it last at least a year.
2. Easter was particularly meaningful to me this year. I have been going through some trials and have just found so much hope and peace in my testimony of the Atonement. Easter morning was beautiful b/c I got up before anyone else (thanks to both my kids sleeping through the night for the first time in 9 months!) and read the account in John. Then I made a yummy, but simple Easter breakfast, set the table with pictures of Jesus, and even had a seminary CD playing in the background when the kids came down to eat. It was really a special morning. (lest you think I am Scrooge, we did the Easter Bunny thing Saturday morning, so that Sunday could be a little more peaceful).
3. We are working on our yard. For those of you thinking of building a new house, REMEMBER that you have to do the yard. It is tons of work!!!! We're installing sprinklers this Saturday (anyone's invited), so we've been measuring, remeasuring, and measuring some more. It's hard to plan what you want your yard to be like because there are so many options out there. Most important is grass, which will hopefully be growing by June! My neighbors are the ultimate in yardwork, and they have inspired us to get going.
4. Anna doesn't take naps anymore, but I still do! J/K . Since her naps stopped, I've really struggled to not just let her watch a movie while Kate sleeps. I need to come up with good things for us to during that time. Last week we did lots of Easter activities and she had a blast. She really loves crafts/art stuff. She colors all the time! It's fun to get the one on one with her.
5. Another thing about Anna-- she is in a constant state of Let's Pretend. Most of my day I am the Baby, the Doctor, the Dog, the Grandma, the Librarian, the Prince, etc. It's a little exhausting. I was never like this as a kid, so I struggle to have the patience I need with her imagination. But I'm all for encouraging creativity, and who knows, maybe someday she'll be really gifted as an actress or author.
6. Kate stopped using her pacifier, after a weekend of crying because we cut it up. Ever since, she's a little chatterbox, although I still only understand about half of what she says. I love that any time she is looking for me (because I had the audacity to go into the bathroom without her or some other silly reason) she shouts "MaMaMaMaMAAAAA!" She has been saying Dad for a long time, so it's gratifying to have her speak my name now. I love that little sweetie!
5 comments:
Your girls are getting so big! I love the details of things going on in your home. Good luck with the yard. We are experiencing those very same things. I struggle keeping it all watered when Justin's not here. It's one big job!
Oh my heck your girls are getting so big. This blogging thing is such a neat thing, great way to see how everyone is and what's going on.
Hey, its so fun to all get reconnected this way. Anyway, I am sure putting in your yard will be a ton of work, but it will be nice to be able to do it right from the get go. Ours is in, but we need to landscape, post some pics & I may just steal some ideas. Good luck, I'm sure it will be beautiful!
We have lived in our home for 4 1/2 years and still, no yard. I have left it up to Zack to get the well taken care of. We also have to buy water rights so landscaping is a different story in the rural area. So more power to you getting it done right away.
We miss you guys too! Now that we've been here a little over a week and things are starting to die down as far as the craziness goes I am really starting to miss home and all of my friends. We should try to get together sometime soon.
Post a Comment