Friday, March 7, 2008

Ca va?

We made it home from Paris. In order to keep it brief, we had a great time and you can check the photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/lntlarsen/FranceTrip

It really was fun and great to spend some time with Travis. I remember all the reasons that I love him when we are together. Paris was freezing, and we were severely underpacked. Luckily our nice hosts, John and Celine, gave us their extra coats and hats/scarves/gloves so we survived. It was fun to stay with them because it gave us a taste of French life instead of just tourist things. We even went to the Paris IKEA (where they do not sell Swedish meatballs).

We had a great time at the Paris ward on Sunday. They have a sacrement meeting in English for visitors (mostly study abroad students), and it was so great. The Church is true everywhere! And it gives you buddies all across the world.

Missy, I worked so hard to get us to the catacombs, only to find they were closed until March 2008. (which is technically now, but still not open). Anyway, I was disappointed b/c you said they were so cool, and I had fought a battle trying to get us there, as Trav, John, and Celine all thought I was ultra morbid for wanting to see it. I was a little unsure myself when we got there because there was a group of about 15 highly gothic people loitering at the door. :) Maybe next time....

Food in France really is yummy, but so expensive. Mostly we ate mediocre food b/c it was cheap. We did have one nice French dinner that was delicious! And, of course, pastries and crepes that can't be beat!

6 comments:

Jen and Beth said...

Love the pictures! I'm ultra jealous! Thanks for the pic just for us. I feel so special! I'm so glad you're back. We missed you guys!

simple mom/wife said...

What an amazing trip! You looked like you were in heaven. That is definately one place I'd love to be with Justin.

Anne said...

Wow Laurie! What a great trip! I loved looking at the pictures. Glad you guys had fun in my favorite city!

missy. said...

so fun! i'm glad you guys made it back safe and sound. hopefully you'll get another shot at paris and the catacombs one day... it may be a little morbid, but believe me, it's fascinating!

Sarah said...

sounds like a blast! definitely jealous.

Jamie said...

What fun! We can't wait to hear all about it. I loved looking at all of your pictures. What a great chance to get away!