Friday, November 30, 2012

Fall in a Nutshell

Here's a sampling of our fall, in no particular order because that is how blogger is working today...

Anna's Baptism was such a happy day. I love her. I love him. Glad she chose to be baptized, glad he is worthy and honored to perform the ordinance. 



 We've been trying to play with our friends at the park every Wednesday (early out day). One day a nice random lady shared Creamies with everyone. This picture sums up what I love about Spanish Fork-- my friends (sorry, Kelli, I think you left about 45 seconds before the Creamie lady showed up!), the awesome friends my kids have, and the beautiful mountains around us. It's a good life.




 Kate got glasses and is so stinkin' cute in them. Love that sweet little face! Also, we finally mailed off the medical supplies for the orphans that she collected for her bday. In a tragic twist of events, the original orphanage that we had selected had been overtaken by some mean guy so the American company that serves as their liason no longer supports them, which meant that we couldn't send the supplies there. So I spent several weeks scouring the internet to find another orphanage that accepted in-kind donations (rather than monetary only) and finally found one that had a liason in Miami. It was a happy, happy day to send those out. I love my little Kate and the goodness of her heart.
 My parents and our family at Anna's baptism. I am the WORST at remembering to take pictures at important events. So, by the time I remembered to get my camera out, only my parents were left. (and my neighbor Marci who took the picture. :)
 We carved pumpkins and Max loved eating the raw, goopy pumpkin seeds. He must have been lacking some important mineral that day.

The girls wanted to be the Disney Fairies this year, and yes, I made the costumes-- without patterns. Kate was Fawn, Anna Tinkerbell, and Eve Silvermist. And Max was a monkey that I got on clearance at Crazy 8 last year for $4.
 Soccer Time! For six weeks we had soccer games four nights a week. It was hectic, but super fun for the girls. Turns out we really like soccer.

Kate was on the same team with Allie, our backyard neighbor and BFF. Fun to see these girls growing up together.

No comments: