Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer Fun

Have you noticed how it's been months since I posted? This summer has been crazy busy, in fact I feel like I missed it somehow and now we are back in school. But this past week I ran into two old friends separately and randomly, who both said that they keep in touch with me through my blog. So, it's for all my fun old friends that don't already know what our family has been up to, that I post today. (plus, I'm sitting in the hospital getting IV therapy and have some time on my hands right now.)
One of our faves of the summer was swim lessons. I was so impressed with how much my kids learned his year! Last summer it seemed like they just played games, but now they can both swim. Anna can even swim all the way from one end of my parent's pool to the other! Eve and I enjoyed hanging out with our neighbor friends on the poolside while the big girls took their lessons.
Everything about Kate is happy. This kid loves to play, to swim, to cuddle.... basically she loves everything life has to offer.
Here's Anna jumping off the diving board. This is a major deal because last year she was too afraid and just sat at the edge of the pool. Now, it's hard to keep her from jumping in anytime, anywhere. She doesn't even need anyone to catch her any more, she just jumps in and swims herself to the side of the pool. Our Anna is growing up fast!

One night while I was at Relief Society Trav took the kids to the store to buy a slip'n'slide. They love it! Especially Travis!


Our sweet Kate turned 5! This is a photo of all the kids at her bday party. She wanted a Tball party, because she loved playing Tball this summer. She had lots of fun little friends come do Tball and water games that day.
One table full of little munchers.




Anna lost her first tooth! It was so funny because she didn't even realize it was loose, and one day while she was getting out of the car I noticed her teeth looked yucky. I went to scrape some off the tartar off to show her that she needed to brush better and her tooth wiggled like crazy! She worked on it all day and it was out that night! Anna wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy that said "You can have my tooth if you give me a dollar." Hmmm. The next day she kept bugging me to tell her whether the Tooth Fairy was real, or if it was just me sneaking in her room late at night. I kept putting her off because we were always with her sisters, but finally I just took her aside and gave her the whole truth. She didn't seem too upset by the news, so I'm guessing someone else had spilled the beans.
I feel like Anna has grown up so much the past few months. She loves riding her bike and scooter and trying out new tricks. She even gets to ride her bike to/from school-- how big is that? Anna wanted a Taylor Swift CD and worked for weeks to earn the money to buy it. She now pulls it out, puts the CD player on her bedroom floor, and just lays on the floor next to it listening to her music. It's such a teenager thing to do! And she's only 6!!



We loved playing at the Spanish Fork splash pad. I love kids' faces when they get water shot at them. We only managed one time at the splash pad this summer because the weather has been so weird, but it was definitely a blast!

1 comment:

Anaelay said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved the pictures! I hope you are feeling better! The whole Taylor Swift thing is such a grown up/teenager thing to do. I can't believe she's getting that big!