When we woke up this morning, the ground was covered in thick, white snow and flakes were still falling like cotton from the sky. As soon as she saw it, Anna had to go outside. She wanted to touch the snow, to see what happens when you jump in snow, to build a snowman, etc. It was exactly the reaction I had been hoping for. What better excuse for me to act out my inner child than to do it with her?
Kate took a little convincing, but eventually acquiesced to coming out with us. She wasn't thrilled by the snow, but at least allowed a few pictures.
It makes me so happy. Snow on December 1st. We played Christmas music all day while we packed and cleaned. Then we had our ward Christmas party tonight (neither of our children would get near Santa). What a perfect day to celebrate winter!
3 comments:
That is the exact same place that Blaine and I built a snowman on the night that we found out we were pregnant with Gwen. It looks beautiful, and it seems a world away, I was sweating in my capris and short sleeved shirt today! Um, how did Trav break his finger?
Trav broke his finger playing football (ward Turkey bowl). Sadly, it actually required surgery to fix it! He's doing okay now.
An Oven Mitt! That is hilarious. I told Mark about this and he said he would have paid money to see Trav building a snowman with an oven mitt. Thanks for the laugh.....oh and I hope his finger heals up!
Post a Comment